Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Snacks for mid-day and Night time

Hi Everyone!

I'd love to know what people have for yummy sweet and/or salty snacks at mid-day and night. I am having trouble not sneaking a few pieces of full fat cheese or those evil chips. Any suggestions would be awesome!
Thanks so much.

Regards,

Jessica

Re: Snacks for mid-day and Night time

I love the WW ice cream cups and the Smart Ones Cookie dough ice cream sundaes for a sweet treat. I am not a big salty person, so I don't have any suggestions for that one. Sorry!

Hummus and any kind of veggie to dip in it is one of my favs.

Sweets are my downfall...but lately I've been addicted to those clementines that are in season right now...I could eat the whole bag/box of them by myself. Sometimes those have been so sweet, they kept me from reaching for something else.

I like the cheddar cheese stix that are only 70 calories, and I like the fat free pretzels...big ones by a co. called 'Old Time'...big ones, and they are only 40 calories each. There's also a wonderful ranch dressing that is made a co. called "Follow Your Heart" and it's only 25 calories for 2 tbsp. which is great with veggies or fat free chips. I also love air popped popcorn, sprayed with butter flavored spray and sprinkled with salf free seasoning as it comes out of the popper so the flavor sticks. best of luck, Maajida

For sweet treats try a Tootsie Roll Pop or candy cane, both only 1 pt.
Popcorn is always a good snack. Spray with PAM and sprinkle with salt (or also add a pkg. of Splenda for the salty/sweet taste). The 94% FF microwave popcorn is a Filling Food or use your healthy oils to pop it in a pan.
Frozen grapes are a nice refreshing treat. Just wash the grapes and pop into a Ziploc bag and plop in the freezer. They are like mini popsicles.

Pat

Yogurt is one of my favorites. Also like apples and oranges..something that takes longer to eat/peel and eat...

Now that I've gotten over the "hump", I don't find that I need snacks very often since I incorporate all my food into meals mostly!

If you like chips try Lays Light. They taste like regular chips but you can have 20 of them for 1 point. Also try the fat free Pringles. You can have 14 or 15 of them for 1 point. Mini rice cakes and a banana or sugar free jello jello with fat freeCool Whip help me when I want sweets.

If you like chips try Lays Light. They taste like regular chips but you can have 20 of them for 1 point. Also try the fat free Pringles. You can have 14 or 15 of them for 1 point. Mini rice cakes and a banana or sugar free jello jello with fat free Cool Whip help me when I want sweets.

One of my other favs, is PB2 on a banana.

Or on celery...gives you something to "nosh"...

Thanks so much for the suggestions! I will try many of them, they sound wonderful!