Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Oven ready lasagna noodles?

Hi ladies! I am making lasagna tonight because I have been craving it like crazy and I bought the oven ready noodles to save me the step of pre-cooking them. Has anyone else used these and are there any special things I should know? I assumed you just layer them straight from the box into the pan. LOL

Thanks!

Re: Oven ready lasagna noodles?

I think u are right. But I didnt know there was any special noodle u had to use. I just thought any old noodle would do. Is it a special brand?

Also would u mind posting the recipie, I've been looking for a good lasange that was ww friendly.

Hi Chelsie!

These were just Giant Eagle store brand noodles. I thought I remembered that you could do the uncooked ones with regular noodles too, but then when I saw the "oven ready" ones, I questioned myself and bought them anyway. LOL

I am using Aimee's Lazy-Day Lasagna recipe, but I am making some changes to it. I am using my noodles not whole wheat, and using really lean ground beef instead of the soy crumbles. I will drain and rinse the meat before mixing it into the sauce. I also am using LF mozzarella cheese instead of swiss because we like Mozzarella better. Oh, and I am using FF cottage cheese instead of ricotta. I will use all Aimee's ingredient amounts and baking time though.

Lazy Day Lasagna

12 Whole Wheat Lasagna Noodles, uncooked
1 (12 oz.) Bag Morningstar Veggie Crumbles
4 Cups Hunt's Four Cheese Spaghetti Sauce
1 1/2 Cups Water
1 (15 oz.) Container Nonfat Ricotta Cheese
1/2 Cup Egg Substitute
9 Slices Kraft 2% Swiss Cheese

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine the crumbles, sauce and water. In a small bowl, combine ricotta cheese and egg substitute. Spray a 9X13 pan with nonstick cooking spray. Spread 1 Cup of sauce in the bottom of pan. Arrange 4 noodles over the sauce. Spread another cup of sauce, then 1/3 of the ricotta mixture. Add another cup of sauce, and repeat the whole process until you end with a layer of sauce. Cover and bake 70 minutes. Uncover and place cheese slices on top, then bake for another 15 minutes uncovered. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

Serves: 9
Per Serving: 190 Calories; 5g Fat (23.7% calories from fat); 22g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 18mg Cholesterol; 1099mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Lean Meat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. WWP: 3 (www.AimeesAdventures.com)

Yummo!! :)

Oh my gosh u just made me sooo hungry. That must be in the cook book I borrowed out to a friend. And only 3 points per serving!! that rocks. Thanks so much for posting it.

Uki, the only thing I remember about not cooking the noodles first was that you added extra liquid. The box should have a recipe that you can use as a guide. That does sound good.

Pat