Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
looking for support in my weight loss

I have tried and tried to diet and always end up failing. would love to get some buddies to help me keep on track and keep smilin. Anyone need a buddy to work on this BIG project? Tips and hints will be greatly taken and I will always have a smile.

Re: looking for support in my weight loss

Donna, you've come to the right place. We're all about support. There are usually a couple daily threads to post your plans for the day, your exercise and what you have or are planning to eat for the day. Jump right in. This is an incredible group of women. We're in various stages of weight loss. Some are at their healthy weight while the rest of us are still a work in progress. Are you doing any particular weight loss plan? Many of us are doing Weight watchers.
I'll introduce myself to you. I'm 60 years old, a semi-retired Registered Nurse. My biggest joy is quilting. I live in Western NY (near Rochester). I've been on WW since March of 2007 and have lost 80#. If I stick with WW goal I need to lose about another 45.
Looking forward to getting to know you

Pat

Hi Donna !

I'm Carrie. A little about me, I'm 34. Married/mother of 2 boys ages 10 and 3. I'm in Indiana. I started WW on Jan 27, 2007. So far, I've lost nearly 90 lbs. and have a stubborn 30 more to go. I've went from a size 22/24 to a 12/14. My goal is when I can comfortably fit in a size 10...that is when I will start maintenance. I just want to be healthy and look great in my clothes.

I struggle from time to time as we all do, but this little board and the ladies that post regularly here have really been my support system. Money was tight and I did WW "at home" on my own. It's a little tougher, but it can be done...I've done it!

Just jump in and post as much as you can. We are all in various stages of this journey and we all need motivated/inspired by each other...often!

Great to have you "aborard."

Hello Donna, glad to have u aboard. My name is Chelsie Ballard, I am from northwest Iowa. I am 27 years old married with three daughters. I started ww in May of 2004 after quiting smoking and having my 3rd child. With a weight loss goal of 65 lbs I have sucessfully kept of 25 of it for the last 5 years. My difficulty was I always started smoking again. I would quit ww because I didnt care what I ate I just smoked. So I have been smoke free for 2 months now and have been back on program for only 2 weeks. I now have lost 29 of the 65 so I have about 36 left to go. Glad to see came here it is a great support system. For some one who has fallen off the wagon many times in the last five years, these women just keep coming back around to pick me up!!

Donna, welcome aboard! You've found a great bunch of ladies who will support you, cheer for you, encourage you, and pray for you, too!

I've been checking in with this site since mid-summer or fall....getting senile, slept too many times and can't remember! They are always here!

I am a lifetime member of WW, but have fallen off the wagon so many times I've had bruises to show for it! LOL! I started back January 12 last year and have lost a total of 61 as of last Saturday. I still have 10.5 pounds to reach goal. My objective and greatest joy then will be being able to attend those danged old meetings without having to pay! LOL! I am just like an alcoholic, I can't do it without the meetings! However, checking in with this group of ladies has been a world of support, also.

I am 60 years old, as of today, so my weight loss has been slow since my metabolism has changed over the years. I feel 40 years younger already, though, and look forward to my senior years now that I am in better health.

No matter what the age, the journey is the same. We learn to eat right in a REAL WORLD. We have good days and bad days, but that is real life! Stick with us on here and you will find out how we are all handling one day at a time!

Good luck with your weight loss journey and I will look forward to your postings as often as you can get on here with us!!

Diane S

Welcome DonnaB. You came to the right place looking for support. There are tons of recipes and tips on here. I have tried many of them and so far have liked all of them.
A good tip I have for you is not to weigh everyday (like I am obsessed with doing) because there are some days when you will have a small gain and it gets very discouraging. Email me if you need anything.
YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Hi Donna, welcome to our support group. You'll find a lot of encouragement here. My name is Laura I'm 48 years old and I live in Michigan where we have at least 2 ft. of snow on the ground right now

In 2003 I lost 115 lbs. on WW and after keeping it off for a little over a year, I started gaining again. slowly, I put back on a lot of that weight. I started again in Oct. 08 and have lost about 30 lbs. Don't call it a diet, call it a new way of living and eating healthy. Make it something you will be able to live with the rest of your life. Don't limit yourself too much or you'll find it difficult to follow. Don't eat the same things day in and day out. Change it up with new recipes so you don't get bored. When you're struggling like all of us here do at times, come here for support. Glad you found us.

Laura

Hi Donna,

Welcome! I think you will find this board is just what you need (I know it is for me!) I too just recently joined.

My name is Jayne. I am 31 years old with 2 little boys, one is 3 and the other is 7 months. I do the points program at home with my hubby who is trying to lose weight before going to RCMP depot to train to be a mountie. He leaves in a month so I'm really glad that I found the support here. My goal is to fit comfortably in size 10 clothes. I seem to be a bit obsessed with scale and weigh myself every day (which I know is bad but I can't seem to help myself!). I still breastfeed so I get an extra 10 points per day - woot, woot! I actually have never been to a Weight Watchers meeting but my mom had the points program and I love it!! I watched her struggle with her weight (and continues to do so) and don't want that for myself!

My best advice would be to write it down before you eat - gives you a bit of a check. Also, drink lots and lots of water! I recently bought the Hungry Girl cookbook and really, really like it!

It's neat to read about you ladies!

I LOVE this thread!!! It is so fun to hear all about everyone. :)

I am Ilse and I am 41 years old and live in Northeast Ohio. I am a SAHM to 3 wonderful children and a whole ark full of animals. I used to be a social worker and loved working, but I stay plenty busy with the kids now. My husband is a music teacher.

I gained and lost the same 25 pounds for a long time and then over the past couple years lost it and kept it off. I have been maintaining for a little over a year and a half. I do WW at home and follow the old Flex plan.

I like to ride my bike when the weather is nice and my family and I enjoy camping. During the winter I do the treadmill or set my bike up on the trainer and ride that way.

This is the most awesome group of women. They are truly inspirational. No one passes judgement here - we all have been there and are here to support one another. This is one place that you can share your triumphs as well as set backs and know that we really know how you feel.

Welcome! I hope you find this place a safe and secure as we do.

Uki

Oh I love this thread!!! Welcome to a very special place, Donna....these women have made an incredible difference in each others' lives...and it was wonderful to read all the stories...I've not been here that long myself, and really appreciated getting to know people better after reading everything here. I'm 62, and have lost the same 80 or 90 pounds over about at least 3 times...this time, there's been lots of struggle, but I am about half way 'there' and I can tell already, that despite the struggles this time is different...it's really helped alot coming here to make the daily committment thread...even if I check in at the end of the day or if I only just write a brief one-sentence check-in, it still feels good and solidifies my committment to what I've said I want to accomplish all these years. Here's to forward movement on our shared journey. Sincerely, maajida