Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Daily Commitment 1/15

Good morning everyone. Hope you are all staying warm. We've had the wood stove going non-stop for a couple days. For over 25 years we heated 100% with wood but in the last years we've been depending more on the LP heat.
I'm off to WW this morning. Food is going good. I still need to work on only eating till satisfied. If it's on my plate I'm likely to finish it. Need to put only 1/2 as much as I think I want on my plate.
We have a new member, DonnaB. She posted this morning. Everyone stop in her post and introduce yourself.
Did anyone watch Biggest Loser this week? I cried during part of it. Won't say anything more in case someone has it taped and hasn't watch it yet. If you don't usually watch I highly recommend it for inspiration. When I see people over 300 pounds running on the treadmill I think I should be able to also.
Well, take care and have a safe and OP (On Plan) day

Pat

Re: Daily Commitment 1/15

Good Morning everyone. Well, it's -10 here in Avon, Indiana. An hour north of Avon, it is -29. Schools had a 2 hr. delay today and rather than use 2 hrs. of personal time, I just brought my oldest with me to the office. Problem is, in an hour and a half, I'll have to run him over to the school. Ugh...I hate delays, it throws my whole day off. (Creature of habit, lol)

I'm doing well on the food front. Spent nearly all of yesterday online looking at various weight loss blogs getting inspired to continue. I found a good one...carrotsncake.com. She had some neat recipes on her blog; you'll have to check out. I posted a link you all can copy/paste into your browser; it was for that easy "lasagna." What a neat idea!

Have a good day everyone.
Uki - I sold my sofa on craigslist!! Listed it and in 24 hrs. had someone contact me. They are "supposed" to pick up tonight. I'm so addicted to that site. I've been wanting to change up my furniture for awhile now. Started in my dining room, and now my front room/family room is gonna get a make over. But, I had to sell that sofa first to get the cash! Now, I'm off to "craigslist" to look for something to put in the gap that's gonna be left in my front room. :)

Good morning, ladies! Wow, I'm glad it is only 24 here this a.m. and not as cold as ya'll up north! Pat, I love wood heat! Nothing like a burning wood smell!

I have my baby granddaughter for the day today. She was awake for a few minutes when her daddy dropped her off, but she is sound asleep again. I try to be a little quieter when she is here, so she can sleep. I will do some housework, except for vacuuming while she is here, also some ironing.

I plan to be OP for the day. Tomorrow we will all celebrate birthdays, so I don't have to worry about anything special today. I am going to finish getting things together for our trip this week-end, also (food stuff).

Hope you all have a wonderful OP day. Stay WARM!!

hello every one , Over here in Iowa we are -22 and -45 with wind chill. My van wouldnt even start this morning. I will be staying in all day because my van is going in for a check up and oil change. DD is having a friend over to play this afternoon. I think I will clean out some closets and maybe the bathroom. I hate cleaning bathrooms.

Food is going okay, I've been looking for a healthy baked ziti recipie but I think that is because I have been craving pasta, so I think I will just make aimees lasagna, since I havent been able to find one for baked ziti, way to much cheese in it I think.

Pat I did watch the biggest loser and I too cried. It agree it is such an insperational show. I usually miss it because I have jujitsu on those nights but it was canceled so I was able to see it this week.

Well op for me today. Hope u all have a good day as well.

chels

Morning all! OMG!!! I can't believe how cold it is today! I wore long underwear under my pants today and I am sitting in my office and still cold. All the schools in our area got cancelled. I think my babysitter is going to go crazy with all the kids home today.
Food is going well so far.
I did watch the biggest loser this week. It was pretty sad! Looks like he is doing good on his own at home though.
Take care all!

I'm OP today. Biggest loser was a tear jerker this week. Today is my oldest son's birthday, he's 25 yrs. old. It just seems like yesterday he was a toddler. It's strange thinking I have a 25 yr. old because I still feel like I'm in my 20's. All you out there that have young children, enjoy them while you can because they grow up so quickly. But, now I get to enjoy my grandchildren, which is so much fun. Have a great day everyone and stay warm.
Laura

Chelsie - I am also in Iowa (Burlington). Where are you located?

I live in Hawarden which is in North west Iowa. I am 45 min. north of sioux city. We are right on the border of southdakota. It is only like 2 miles from my house. Where is Burlington? I have also lived in Sibley, Iowa, and Orange City, Iowa.

Laura I know what you mean about kids. My son will be 34 tomorrow. Don't know how he can be so old since I'm only about 40.
Back from WW. I did it, lost 1.8 to get me to 80.9 lost since 3/31/07. Slow and steady.
Glad to see that so many welcomed our new member. I decided that my memory is so bad that I started a list of members and where they live. All of you west of me can keep this dang cold weather. More to come tonight with lake effect snow, Oh Joy!!

Pat

YYYEEEEAAAHHHH Way to go Pat!!1 That is awesome!

Patty, good job!

WAY TO GO, PAT!!!! And Happy birthday to your son tomorrow. My son's birthday is Saturday...will be 29. He is my baby with the baby that I got to keep today on my birthday!!

Laura, Happy Birthday to your son today. I have it written here on my notepad and forgot to mention it this a.m. when I was posting.

I have got to make me a list of all you ladies, too. I have little notes here and there, but a list would be much more organized! LOL!

Today has been great having the baby. Going to fix hamburgers for dinner and we'll have birthday dinner tomorrow night!

LOL, Pat about how you can be 40 and have a 34 year old son! :)

Mitch asked me the other day, "How old are you?" I said, "How old do you think I am?" He said, "27." I said, " You are exactly right!" LOL

Anyway, I started OP today - ate my waffles and PB2, rode the trainer, and life was good. Then Scott and I went to stay with my father in law while my mother in law went to the store with my sister in law. My FIL has dementia and can't be left alone. My SIL brought lunch and it was GOOD... I had 2 small bowls of seafood chowder (scallops, shrimp, fish, corn and taters), which wasn't too bad, but then... She brought peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. Oh good heavens! I ate 3 THREE THREE THREE of them. What on earth was I thinking??????????? Needless to say, dinner was light tonight and that was that.

Well, tomorrow I start fresh. 3 cookies isn't the end of the world. Heck, I could have eaten all of them, right? :)

Hugs,
Uki

Uki, you are so funny! Three cookies is a lot better than the whole bag! Some moments just catch us at the wrong time and our guard is down and gone! LOL! You do so great all the time, though. We've been saying, we have to live in the real world and there's always going to be food wherever we are. We just have to handle the temptaion the best we can and continue on. I'm proud of you!

Good job Pat! You have done an awesome job. 80 lbs in a year is great!!!!
Chelsie-Burlington is in the Southeast corner of Iowa. We are on opposite sides of the state.