Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Favorites!!

Hey ladies I dont know about u but I am always up for new things to eat so I just thought I would pick your brains out there on the new things u have found or different ways to make them in the past couple of months. It is amazing how we find new things all the time.

As for me I have enjoyed trying things I never though I liked. I have discovered a love for the following:
red, yellow, orange peppers
sweet potatoe (my new favorite dessert)
shrimp
kiwi
steamed broccoli, and cauliflour
cooked carrots
asparagus

I know some of u are probley thinking that's crazy I eat them everyday but in my family we grew up with corn beans and peas. Canned of course. So my mission for the past month has been to try tons a new veggies and I have been quite suprised at what I like.

some of my new meals I have found are:

pita pizzas
kashi vanilla fiels cereal
the use of olive oil in about everthing
Chicken pot pie
3 cheese beef ziti

I am itching to try squash, does it have the texture and taste of sweet potatoe?

Well this is all I can think of off the top of my head I'll look back in my log and find some more.

Have a great day ladies
chels

Re: New Favorites!!

I love the my fire roasted red pepper's that I get from the dollar store. They add a new deminsion to a boring ole sandwich! They are a must have.

I'm with you on the sweet potatoe and aspargus! My new fav's!

You should try getting a butternut squash and try making "fries" with them! OMG! So good! There is a video on ronisweigh.com that will show you how to cut up one of those if you don't know how. I was a little intimidated by them at first and so waching that video really helped.

I'm loving those Arnold Sandwich Thins on just about everything. I didn't even buy bread or buns this week, just those.

Chelsie, I love butternut squash and I guess you could compare it a little to a sweet potato? I peel them (which is not easy) cut into chunks and steam them. When done I mash and put ICBINB and salt my husband loves this. You can also do the fry thing or you can cut in half take out seeds and bake or microwave as my mother does. When fork goes in easy they're done.
Laura

I did see last weekend in my Walmart produce section, that Green Giant sells in a bag the butternut squash chunks that you can steam right in the bag. All the cutting is done for you.

When u bake it do u put anything on it? or just throw it in the oven on a pan?

Just looked in my log and BBQ turkey meatballs are awesome!

I line a cookie sheet with foil and spray it with olive oil spray (if you don't, they will stick!). I think put the fry cuts on the foil and spray them too. I add kosher salt, pepper, and a smidge of garlic and onion powder. Bake about 10-12 min. then turn and respray the other side and coat them with the seasonings. Bake another 10-12 min. Takes awhile, but very worth it. I eat with catsup or ranch, or I mix the both for an interesting taste. :)

I understand about growing up with corn, beans and peas. We were adventurous and had lettuce and tomatoes from the garden. I love all kinds of veggies now. Spaghetti squash can be used in place of pasta, I've been making my own pickled beets and onions from canned beets and using Splenda. Had some tonight as my salad dressing. I put peppers and mushrooms in almost everything. Buy then every week at Aldi's.
Congratulations on adding more fresh veggies to your menu.

Pat

I've never had a problem eating any kind of vegetables. I keep fresh ones all the time: yellow squah, zucchini (1c, 2n's?, asparagus, peppers, onions, etc. to use in my veggie omelets, or on the grill, or roasted in the oven!

My newest "try" has been the light flatout bread that I finally found in the deli section! Oh, my goodness! And my husband loves them, too! I made pizza on them, rolled and omelet in them, and made a rueben with them! They are outstanding for only 1 point!