Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Exercise for the week of 2/22

Just getting this started for anyone who will need to post today. This is rest day for me. :)

Re: Exercise for the week of 2/22

300 Calories in 29 minutes.

Those of u who walk on the treadmill. How do u track and increase your workouts? I have been trying to do 300 calories in the smallest amount of time, That way I still burn the same amount of calories I just have to work harder to do it. I did it in 29 today 1 1/2 ago it was 45. Also how many calories do u aim to burn a day doing exersice?

I work for 300 on my walking/recumbent bike days (Tues. Thurs) then 600-700 on my running/weights days (M,W,F). That way I earn between 24-27 activity Points for the week. And it keeps me from being lazy.

However, I have had to work a lot harder to burn the same calories because my heart is becoming more conditioned (HR lower during exercise).

Don't know if that helps at all.

I forgot......I track my exercise progress and heart rate at Running-log.com. It's free and lets you see your progress.

Right now I'm training for my 1st 1/2 Marathon so this is what I use. I have a training schedule from online so I know what I have to do everyday, keeps me motivated to have a goal.

Hey lisa thanks that does help. I mainly do alot of walking with incline. Some ab work and then alot of training with my jujitsu as far as punching and kicking the heavy bag. i have a hard time running, always have. I get side cramps so terrible bad after about 1 1/2 min of running I am hardly even able to walk. i wish I could overcome this because running/jogging is a great way to burn calories. Thanks for the ideas

Ya'll make me tired talking about marathons and running, etc. I do good to do my walking DVD!

I did do 3 miles total this morning, though! YAHOO!

40 minutes on the trainer and 45 minutes of shoveling snow so Scott could get to work. I think I should get extra AP's since I started shoveling at 6:15am!! LOL

Chelsie-----
I used to get side cramps too but it has to do with your breathing. If you breathe shallow you will get cramps, you have to take deep breaths, in nose out mouth. Try to keep them consistant...I sometimes breathe to the rhythum of my music. They go away. I am totally not a runner I started out feeling like the Hippo from Madagascar running on the treadmill. Today I ran 4.75 miles in 60 min and felt awesome.

http://www.jeffgalloway.com/training/index.html

This is how you learn to run.

60 minutes water aerobics (300 cal). When I walk on the treadmill I've been increasing the incline. I'm up to 15 on incline. Don't know the % of incline that is but it is hard walking. Also burns more calories.

Pat

300 calories on the treadmill.

Thanks For the info lisa. I went a looked up a couple of websites to see how I was breathing wrong. I will start trying some of these tommorrow. I would really like to be able to do even a short jog now and then just for something different.

Pat 15 % incline WOW!! my treadmill only goes to 12. How fast do u walk when doing that?

60 minutes on the treadmill out of the way.

30 minutes on the Gazelle last night and another 30 this morning.

Mon: 61:00 4.75 miles running. Then my child threw up in the daycare center and I had to quit! THinking today I will take them for a walk outside in the bike trailer. It's supposed to be 57 here today.

3 mile walk done and feeling good!

30 minute walk outside and 1 hour jujitsu

30 min. treadmill, 60 min water aerobics

Pat

50 minutes on the treadmill all done.

2 mile high calorie walk this a.m. Working outside will burn some, too! I'm in such better shape for bending and stretching while working in the flower beds, etc! It's not such a chore now!!

30 minutes on Gazelle done!

60 minutes water aerobics 30 min on treadmill.

Pat

300 Calories on the treadmill

30 minutes on Gazelle done!

Oops! 60 minutes on the treadmill, yesterday.

1 hour jujitsu