Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Question about the recipe books on this site....

Hello, My husband and I are going to be starting Weight watchers Core (on our own). I Love the cookbooks on this site!!! Are they considered core recipes? I am researching before we begin, so I can have a varity of menus, especially for my husband. Since I'm not that famailiar with WW and have joined a few yahoo groups was hoping to find more recipes here, I really like that you have pictures with your recipes!!!!

Re: Question about the recipe books on this site....

Most of Aimee's recipe aren't Core (now called Simply Filling) Sometimes you can make substitutions to make it so but that takes getting used to the plan.
I would suggest you go to Weight Watchers.com and then click on community and then message boards. The Filling Foods message board is where most of those who are on the Simply Filling technique hang out. I would recommend that you read the messages for awhile to get familiar with the program. Do you have WW Core info? it is still basically the same program.
I'm doing Simply Filling as are a couple others here, so ask questions if you have them.

Pat

Thanks Pat,

I have joined the ww core groups on yahoo. It has a lot of info about core and now the simply filling foods. Core seems to be much more doable for my husband than counting points. I'm not sure about the filling food's approach, but would love to know why you prefer it over the previous ww's plans.

Do you modify the recipes on this site to fit simiply filling plan or you don't have to???

Again, thanks for answering my question...
Connie

Connie, First I forgot to welcome you to our little piece of cyber world.
I do the Simply Filling Technique (SFT) because my body is much happier there. When I count points I'm always hungry and find that I choose processed foods over real food if the point value is the same. It doesn't make sense but that's just me. I also hate to count points, although I use WW e-tools to log all my food even on SFT.
I have both of Aimee's books because I thought it was the least I could do to support her in keeping this site up for us. I haven't made many recipes from the books though. I tend to make up recipes by throwing together SF foods. I'm been doing WW for 2 years so it is kind of second nature to me.
The thing that is a must to learn is when you are satisfied. I still struggle with no eating too much. I've learned to take about 1/2 of what my eyes tell me I should put on my plate. If I need more I can go back, but often that is enough to satisfy me.
Good luck and don't hesitate to come here and ask questions.

Pat