Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
help on planning meals for different point values

i need lots of help. is there anything to help plan meals based on points for the day. i can follow a diet better if there is a meal plan in front of me to cook from. or does anyone have any tips on how to decide what to eat and figure out the point values. i really what figure this out because me and husband decided that it needs to be done not only for us but so are kids eat heathlier and do not turn out heavy like us. i my self was very sick while pregnant with our second child and lose 40 lbs but i would like to still lose 35-40 more and need to help my husband

Re: help on planning meals for different point values

I have been making my own food plan. I have planned for two weeks of dinners at a time. I make a little calendar on my computer and I search for new recipes and add them to the calander. I also print out the recipes right there. I put all the information on the refrigerator. When I get to the end of the first week of the calendar, then I plan for the next two weeks. I am putting the old calanders and recipies in a binder. So far it has worked and knowing what is for dinner and how many points it is, helps me plan for my other meals. It also stops the last minute dinners from the pizza box. Having it all spelled out for me, allows me see that I am using different kinds of foods. I make sure that there is a variety of main dishes. I also find that I love looking at recipes and cookbooks. That is the part of “dieting” that I like. I love food! This time it is Healthy Food! Hope this helps!

sounds good. i will give that a try with the calendar. i just need to find the time to add up the points for all the foods.
thanks alot for the idea.

A lot of the websites that I look at have point values attached to it. The weight watcher website has a lot of recipes too! In fact unless it is amazing-- I don't look at it with out points or at least nutritional information!