Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment

I've been checking out the site today and it seems like a great place to get some motivation and great tips. I have been giving losing weight another try since the new year. I have lost 90 pounds before in 3 years time. Then I became diabetic (when I was at my best weight in years) and had to go on insulin. I gained 60 pounds back in 2 months, and then some. I have even gained 40 more pounds than I was before. I have several chronic conditions and can no longer walk like I used to, which helped me lose the weight before. I've been angry about the way it came back on so quickly. But I am motivated to get going again. I have lost about 14 pounds in the first 2 weeks, but have now slowed down a bit. Plan to keep on going though.

I felt so much sympathy for Aimee when I read about her weight loss journey and success, only to gain it back after a rough couple of years. It is so hard to lose, and sooo easy to put back on. I can't tell you how many times I have been a weight watchers member in the last 20 years. Each time, or should I say, most times, I was successful at losing some weight, but have never gotten to goal. I still believe in the WW way of eating though. Nothing is off limits, just done in proportion. That is how it should be. Right now I am tracking everything I eat, calories, fat grams, carbs and fiber. Trying to set my daily goal at 1600 cal, 54 g. fat (30%), 200 carbs, and at least 25 g. fiber. I don't always meet my goals, but try to stay as close as I can. Usually when I go over, it is because I am having a low blood sugar and must eat to bring it back up. I end up using several hundred calories at times when I really don't want to eat! That is so frustrating!

Well, my story is going on, and on. I will be checking out some of the recipes on this site. I have already seen a couple that look worth trying!

Re: Newbie

Welcome to the group Sherrie. Glad to see I am not the only newbie around here. Sounds like you are motivated to lose the weight and you know we are all rooting for you! Keep us posted.

Welcome Sherrie! Glad to have you with us. :) Feel free to post anytime.

Welcome everyone..glad to have you aboard....Keep us posted how you are doing. I'm trying to walk every night for at least 40 min. and one night I did an hr. I'm afraid to omit one night, afraid to get out of the "habit"...LOL...Good luck to everyone...