Return to Website

The Sixgun Journal Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

The Sixgun Journal Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Thank you Chip...

Sounds like y'all had a blast!

I never ran across a Security, Service or Speed Six that wasn't a good shooter. I was always partial to the fixed-sight guns; once you get them "filed in", you never have to worry about them. I've always been sort of a "one load" man though, but if you shoot various loads with different bullet weights, adjustable sights are the way to go.

Nice range report- thank you again for posting it.

Re: Thank you Chip...

No problem - I hastily typed it up, I was a bit excited! The crunch-tickers were cool, the plastic glocks cool (I have a polymer .380, a Grendel, but it stayed in the range bag), the uzi was cool, but there's just nothing like shooting revolvers. The 3 rugers I played with were awesome, and we had an old S&W-license Taurus in .32 S&W, and my 1898 Colt New Pocket in .32 Colt Short and Long... those weren't fired due to timing issues.

Thank you for your site - I've been enjoying it the past day or so. Great articles! I'm now on the search for a .357 SP101 or S&W snub for the wife... yeah, it's for her! :-)

Chip

Re: Ruger Security Six range report

Hey Chip:

I have been a big fan of Rugers since the 70s'. I have a stainless security-six with a 6 inch barrel. A P90 decocker in a .45acp and standard .22 semi-auto that I bought back in 76...It was my first ruger...and as you say I love them all. They are all good shooters and feel comfortable with them. I was considering a GP100 in .357 but the old stainless security six will outlast me...so I opt not to get one....Thanks for the range report....SONNY

Re: Re: Ruger Security Six range report

One year later, I still love the Ruger.

I've since added a 6.5" Ruger stainless Single Six to the mix (bought used for $239 - a 1974/5 pre-billboard model) and a Winchester 94 30-30.

I'm going to add another Ruger SA, perhaps an original Vaquero in .45, and turn the Security Six into a project gun.

It's a blast to shoot - literally! I'll never sell it.

Chip