Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4
Author
Comment
Re: What exercise(s) did You do today?

I walked 45 min. on my treadmill. I dread getting on it but love the results I'm seeing and the compliments.

Well, i did not take a nap,but at 10:00 last night i popped in Leslie and did a 2 mile walk. Then i turned on Denise Austin's cardio and i think i like eating salsa then i do trying to dance it. Not sure if i was tired or just had trouble getting the steps down right. The key is........i did it.......i tried. I didnt wake up this morning thinking, "Oh i shoulda__________ ( fill in the blank)I used the word to many times over the past few years.

Walk -move- bend-squuueeeeeeeeeze, even if its only for a few minutes each day!

Looking good, People!

I did 30 min. on the elliptical & did 20 min. of weights

nice job ladies! It was soooooooo nice outside today, so after steam cleaning my rugs, i went for an hour walk today. Some days i feel so skinny! This was one of them.
Will do 20-40 mins of cardio later on.

today it is time for weights-resistance training, i do love resistance bands, they really stretch you. I have another set of old-old-old resistance bands from Richard Simmons VHS tape. I think it was called Tone`n`Sweat.

30 min. on the elliptical & 10 min. on the station. bike

Stopped at SWM after my weigh in and bought a "Prevention DVD work out- Drop it in 30" Will give you a review later, after American Idol, I didnt walk today so i will the treadmill while they sing.

ok, did the treadmill during AMerican Idol( on the uphill slant

One word for the Prevention DVD-"Drop it in 30"-

S W E A T...........

Well since i started this thread a month ago, time does fly. I still dont like the treadmill but now its a little easier, lugging around 20 less pounds helps. Plus i can keep track of the exercises i do, and if i miss a day.

I did enjoy the Prevention DVD, so i will probably do that tonight. I been on my feet since 7 this morning and its now 5:30, not sure if i am going to walk-walk-walk. Unless i do WATP, which right now my feet say, Yes do that.

Move-move-move,

For every pound of muscle you add to your physique, you burn an average of 50 calories a day just to maintain these muscles. Strength training makes the muscles demand energy which makes the body burn its fat reserves. Leg and thigh muscles, being the most massive group, burn the most calories per workout session.

walked for an hour after work, need to fit in some weight-resistance training.

Has anyone ever done the exercise ball? The one You lay on and roll around, its works the core.

Did 45 mins of step areboics, with some weight training

The sun is shining bright this morning in NJ and my plan is to head on the beach and get in some good serious walking in the sand, thats a good calorie burner, its hard walking.

I usually walk along the water, the sand is harder from the tide coming in and going out...

I hope to see my this morning, usually at a certain time they swim in a cluster and head one way early and late they head back the other way into an inlet off the ocean into the bay

They're amazing to watch...

this morning I went to the gym & did 40 min of cardio....30 min on elliptical & 10 min on the bike

Did the treadmill,,, ugh!! But, it's done and i did it!

I am telling You that Prevention DVD-Drop it in 30.....rocks!! ..

Actually the DVD takes 40 mins( for the cardio )

2-20 min sessions

Walked on a rocky trail for an hour.

I did my 45 min walk around the park with my friend her kid and my dog, I felt better after I went and I plan on going 3 times this week.
Lorraine.

I always feel better after i move. Sometimes i pout to myself that i dont wanna do it. But i think of the time it takes me to move-groove-shake it is no different than the hour i spent online or the hour i spent watching my fav Tv show.

So i just do it~

I didn't have too much energy for the gym tonight

but I managed to do 20 min. on the elliptical & 10 min. on the bike

I hear ya Linda, for as nice as it was out today, i just didnt feel like walking. So i did 50 mins of cardio and 20 minutes of upper/lower body weight training.

I played 18 holes of golf with lots of walking (I actually did pretty good until I got to the last 3 holes and my knee was killing me to the point where I couldn't walk anymore).

I think after WI i am going to see what new DVD's they have at SWM......maybe even check out the exercise ball

Ok the Prevention DVD -Dance it off- i tried it for 20 mins..blah I just didnt care for it, so its going back tomorrow.
Ended up doing my new fav DVD workout-Drop it in 30-

Still doing the 'Smart girl do dumb bells' routine 3 days a week

SWM will not take the DVD back, something about copyright laws, the only option was to return it for something the same price. well the only DVD they have for the same price i already have. So i still have the dance one
I think i shall "trade' it in for the Leslie Sansorn on i seen. Thats the one i should have bought in the first place. I kept wavering on the "dance" dvd, wasnt sure i would like it, i should have listened to my gut( which wasnt growling,btw)

Tonight is walk-walk- walk along with some weights!!

I did 30 min. cardio at the gym after work

This 'may' be the first time since March that i just relaxed and did nothing, well no exercise. But still an OP day.

WEll it happened!

I did my first exercise: 12 midnight on Wed night!
But then I had some Aunt Beasleys Chocolate clouds! 2 of them! and one 7 layer square.
'I have no clue how to count them except they are way off of my program foods and points!

No amount of MN walking can help that!

So my firs t time exercising and I blew it!

Any way we are going back for more tonight!
NO not AB's Choc Clouds! MORE WALKING!!

Any advice!

JeanCat

But, JeanCat, you did it....one foot in front of the other. . You earned AP!!

Plus you said"Any way we are going back for more tonight! "

I am proud that you did it, because from the first time i started this thread a month ago, you admitted you dont exercise.....and now look at You. Soon You will be walking on clouds instead of eatin `em.

Ok goin to do some walking before i need to go to work, alrerady did some weights.

Dear Akus,

Thank you so very much for the pep talk!
We went back last night a bit tuckered, but we walked 2.2 miles the same stretch in 51 minutes. Six minutes longer,but my walking buddy had a stone in her shoe.

She called and said she has a blister. So I dont think she willl walk tonight. BUT I measured the mobile home park where I live and found that the inside perimiter to be 1 mile! So if I walk alone two and a half times around the inside where it is safer, I will be happy.

I will let you know this night.

Love ya,

Jeanetta
PS I am proud of myself, proud to be on this site, and thankfule that while I hate exercise, that this thread subconsciously motivated me! So thank you Akus! You SHOULD BE as PROUD as I am THANKFUL!

Getting ready for a work shift of 10-6:30, after working 12:30-9 last night,so i just did some "Smart Girls do Dumb Bells" routine, i have increased my reps and now doing 6 sets instead of 3, with 5 lbs weights.

The more muscles you build the more calories you burn.

I rolled around on the floor while Denise Austin told me i was doing a great job!

( 30 mins of weight training) I have to admit i have NOT walked in a week, but still did some physical activity(cardio or weights)everyday but one.
Last time i walked i was in the woods on a rocky trail, came home and felt something "crawling" in my pants......EEEEK! it was a tick, Yikes. Its a wonder how he got in there. i had long pants on, long sleeve shirt,socks and good walking shoes.

move move move and do do do.....did You?

I did an hr of cardio salsa class today

Ohhh, move them hips Linda, i think salsa is great.

Ok, i am going for a 4 mile

Doing my extra 20 lunges today ( from the "Just for today", thread) Doing my "Smart girls do dumb bells" routine and some cardio.

Oh my, i am seeing curves!!! Months of daily AP are really paying off.

Pats myself on the back.

I just walked in the park for 40 mins with my friend and my dog. I'm glad I did it.
Lorraine.

Thank gawd for Denise Austin and her back arm rows. I mowed my lawn today for an hour using a push mower, my DD did the front yesterday, so i have alot of grass( still have the sides to do yet)My grass was very high and thick( my mower is broke, so i borrowed one)This was the first cut of the season and with the rain and now the nice weather it was a jungle. In thick grass the mower will sputter out, so every 2 mins or so, it would stop and i would have to restart it. I bet i did 30 back arm rows

Yesterday was a weight training day so today is cardio.....

Prevention's DVD. "Drop it in 30" not sure why it says 30, cause it takes 50 minutes to do.

Breathe~ and move move move

Walked two miles at the track during lunch. I actually jogged (pitifully but it was above a walk) for one lap.

Walked on my treadmill during American Idol, i guess when its over i will have to do it during "Deadliest Catch" on The Discovery Channel.

Long daY, my DD went to New York( i am in PA) for a school trip, I been up since 4 am. Went to work at 7,worked 9 long hours standing on my feet. Came home. had a great supper, took a 10 min nap and my other DD and i went for a 4 mile walk

Yesterday,came home from work, made a new recipe( pasta). Right after i ate i laid down and took a nap. Got up and then i did 50 mins of my Prevention DVD and an extra 5 mins of weight training ( as promised on "just for today" thread.)

LOL, while i was at the sink doing dishes, i thought, i can move my legs. So i did knee lifts, kickbacks, toe taps, heel lifts and any other variety of leg-thigh exercises i could think of while standing!

Walked for an hour and a half.. I almost forgot i did all those legs lifts/toe taps,heel kicks, today till i read it. I guess its a good thing to post here for me, its like an exercise log, shows me what i did.

I think i will do a cardio and weight routine. I deserve it!!

Its late, but not to late to do a quick lifting of weights.

I walked 1 mile yesterday and I'll do the same today.

I think I'm done with Curves for the summer, I would rather exercise outdoors while the weather is good.

Monday, means cardio for 40 mins.

I just seen when this thread was started 99 posts and 42 days ago, i mentioned Memorial Day and WOW, how time flies. This week-end it is here.

"The more muscles you build the more calories you burn"

did 30 min. of cardio at the gym

1 2 3 4