Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4
Author
Comment
Re: What exercise(s) did You do today?

I think i am going to try and do the Prevention, "Dance it off" dvd again. Since i cant return it, i should just, "DO IT"

cha-cha.Shakes those hips

Well i did it, the dance DVD, i still dont like it.But i sweated and moved for 30 mins, then i did 20 mins of weights for lower/upper body. Just finished doing 30 mins of mowing the lawn................eeeew i stink, but look good!

Just seen the numbers of "views" which is great, some where, somehow i hope someone may have tried doing an activity for 730 seconds.Someone who never has before. It has to start somewhere, and we all know that feeling.

I guess thinking about exercise dont count huh? LOL.

I need to get moving, some cardio and get in a 4-5 mile walk.

The more you use the more you lose

Thanks to all of you, I was finally motivated to start exercising! I always like to get the food plan established first and then start the exercising part later . Well, it has been more than 12 wks on WW's..so it was definately time to get started, don't ya think??

Yesterday, I got out my favorite Leslie Sansone video-not sure of the name of it but it has both walking and weight training in it. I am SO SORE today!! My calves hurt like heck!! But I will get back with it soon!!! I want to be able to post on this thread too!!

Thanks for the motivation friends!
Karen

Oh great job Karen...........2 steps up, 2 steps back, walk-walk. come on ladies( thats me doing my Leslie Sansone imitation.

I have one of her tapes, its not even on a DVD, its on a VHS, i do it maybe 1-2x every 2 wks, if i dont get outside. It has 1-2-3-4 mile walk and with the last mile she uses weights.
I see that SWM has on of her walking DVD with resistance bands included in it. I have Denise Austin's DVD that include the bands, so i may not buy that one.

I am addicted to that Prevention DVD with Chris Freytag, i love her. I am going to Amazon and order her weight training DVD. The other Prevention one i have with the 'dancing' the instructor looks like she has anarexoic , sticks for arms and pointy hips, no waist at all,flat as a board.

Thanks for reading Karen and getting motivated

Heading out to trudge the sand and walk the beach...

slosh along in the water....

upper/lower weight training-resistance bands.

Tobe, i am glad You get to trudge and slosh in the water/sand, better than doing that in the snow!! Pick-up a sea shell for me!

at akus for the Leslie impersonation!

Didn't do it today..still so SORE!! But, I did clean out one very messy (thanks to my cats-really!) closet!! Now that was a work-out!!

Karen

Going to just relax today and get some much needed rest. Holidays are a busy time at work( i work in a seafood dept in a grocery store)We are short handed, so basically i run the show for 6 hrs till my help comes in. Had my breakfast at 530 this morning and my lunch at 430 when i clocked out for the day. LOL I ate it while sitting in line waiting for gas( 20 mins of waiting) so today i am going to sleep before 10:30 pm and not do any cardio-walking-weights, my body is telling me to relax. I been averaging 3-4 hrs sleep the last 2 nights. I am sure Leslie Sansone and Denise Austin and Chris Freytag will understand.

BTW I ordered Chris Freytag's "Personal Trainer" DVD off of Amazon.........cant wait to get it.

Haven't walked yet tonight. Trying to get the motivation. I re-read my post on May 11 and while I had only a 0.2 lb gain after the cookies that may have been what showed up this week as the 5 pound wt gain ...even though I ate my program food!

I went without sleep when mom entered the hospital on the 13th, and I was on program. While it is possible the exercise contributed to the muscle retaining water, after a review of my post I think the food caught up with me the following week ( my last weigh in).

Any way I read a just for today that suggested to allow oneself no exercise. I have been thinking about that all day/night. Trying to justify not walking. My walking buddy is camping, but that did not stop me last night! I walked in my mobilehome park alone! But tonight I am feeling a bit different, a bit blue. Not my usual self, not as 'up' as I normally am. An unusual mood change. So I am giving myself permission not to walk tonight, but to walk tomorrow night instead. In place of walking I must post. I must do some activity that is keeping me on program.
The distraction that Beck's and WW speak of.

Thanks Akus for your daily thread.

JeanCat
Not giving up, just taking one day off.

Jean Cat

Its good to listen to one's body and give ourself permission to do something and still feel good about it.

JeanCat i am sure all Your been through with Your Mom has added the gain. Sleep........is very important. The body needs rest. Keeping hydrated is also. I struggle with the decisions i make,regarding "unplanned food"-(thks Ben) and i justify why i should not do this or that. But i find after i do some physical activity for even 20 mins, i feel much better. But its the motivation to get there and do it. So instead of talking to myself on the why-nots, i just do it, and after i come back i think. see that didnt take long.

Huggss JC tomorrow is another day and AP will come around.

40-50 mins of cardio and a 30 min walk.

Re: Re: What exercise(s) did You do today?

Thank you so much Akus for your personal inspiration.
I wish I had read this last night. I did not walk last Friday night either. I got real sleepy at 8 pm and fell asleep. I got up at 3 am and journaled, answered private emails and came to the board to do my postings. I WILL however find some time to do some sort of movement today for 20 minutes and I will owe it all to your motivating post....because I had planned on not doing any movement until my scheduled Wed with my walking buddy.

I will beleaving around 7am (now 5 am PST)for my sister's house a 2 hour trip if no holiday traffic.
So when I get there I will do some physical movement.

Thank you so much, once and yet again!

Love ya
JeanCat

Weight never takes a holiday. Just got home from working 5-130, will find time to do some weight training, perhaps a short walk with my DD.

Jean i only stay motivated with the AP, cause i see the curves and the scale going down. Some days i only do 20 mins, some days i do an hour.

Hang in there.

Ok since it the National Weather Service was calling for 70 mph winds and golf ball size hail, i pulled out my step and did step aerobics, along with some weights.

Thought for the day:

Its all about the consistency!!!

Walked for an hour.

Walked last night so its a weight resistance day.

***Training with weights just 3 times a week for around 20 minutes is enough to build muscle. Not only will you be burning more calories, you’ll look better – whatever your weight.***

I did my Leslie Sansone video this afternoon only this time I used 2 lb handweights. Last week was my first time doing this video and I used 5 lb weights--not too smart-it left me sore. After a few times, I will move back up to the 5 lbs, then 8 lbs. I LOVE that video-time flies on because of switching back and forth with walking and weights.

I am considering taking a walk around 10:00 tonight-I like to walk after it is dark.

Karen

Ah Karen no wonder You were sore with 5 lb weights. I also have 3 & 5 lbs ones, i now do all my weight training with the 5 lbs ones,but took me awhile to get there. I used my resistance bands tonight for an upper and lower session. I can finally feel my triceps muscles when i am exercising.Oh and it feels sooooooooo good.
I like walking at night also Karen, but i save that for days when its 90 and 100% humidity at 900 AM.

Oh i am feeling something i have not felt in a long time. SORE muscles. I used my resistance bands last night and i really pushed it, i did deeper lunges and tightened up the bands.

Gotta move it to lose it.

Muscles burn calories.

Something i just read on thoughts on fitness:

..."After busting my butt at the gym, my body deserves the VIP treatment.....
..."After that grueling workout, I deserve a bacon double cheeseburger."

"Most people overestimate the number of calories they've burned," says Brian Wansink, PhD, a professor of marketing, applied economics, and nutritional science at Cornell University and author of Marketing Nutrition. To burn off a bacon double cheeseburger, the average 140-pound woman has to jog at a rate of five miles per hour for more than 60 minutes. Recast your concept of reward: Instead of seeking food, take a luxurious bubble bath, rent a guilty-pleasure movie, buy a new pair of shoes, or lose yourself in a good novel.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Time to do some cardio before going to work. No bacon double cheeseburgers for me

Omg I did jumping jacks and the house did not shake!!! I was 'light on my feet', as they say.

40 mins of high intensity cardio

YESSS!!

Walked for an hour then mowed my grass with the push mower for 35 mins.

Akus that is so amazing! I want to be just like you went I get down to size (grow down!) :).

I walked (last night) 2.2 miles 48 minutes May 30, 07

Will walk again 2.2 miles. Time??? who knows it has varied between 45 and 52 minutes.

Last night wwe walked with my friends dog. We had a slow start as the dog had to stop every two seconds to pea or do do or smell something! After 1/2 of the way I took the dogs leash and he obeyed me. So he walked quadruple time. He is a type of chiwowa (sorry I don't know how to spell it). He slept well I heard! :)

Any way we did okay after that we must have walked fairly fast at the end.

I have a bad right knee and my walking buddy has a bad knee also. I don't know if I will ever do more or faster than this. I hope to. But for now this is my 4th week and it is amazing to me that I am even doing this! so again thank you Tammy and Akus!

JeanCat

It's all about ANY movement, slow and steady is good. Had to laugh @ "dog sleeping well".
Nice to have a walking buddy.
I normally enjoy walking alone, i can walk at my own pace, which is usually a brisk walk.But lately my DD has joined me in walking and i need to remind her she is walking faster than i am!!

Finally received the Prevention DVD, the other day in the mail. Today is the first day i will do that program. Will report back and let ya know how it goes.

Great job, JeanCat.

ok, Prevention means= S W E A T, but it was a work out, i did 20 mins of high intense cardio, 10 mins of a total body workout and 5 mins of weights for arms and shoulders. I loved it. Chris Fraytag is da woman!

Doing my new Prevention DVD, since i been walking/cardio, i will do weights today with a total-body toning workout.

Prevention "Personal Trainer"
includes;
Four 5- minute targeted toned workouts for,
Legs & Butt
Abs & lower back
Arms & shoulders
Chest & Upper back

1- 10 minute total-body toning workout
2-13 minute cardio workouts.
++++++++

Since i have another Prevention workout DVD with the same person teaching it, it was not hard to pick up the movements in this one.
I would recommend any DVD with Chris Freytag as the instructor

Sat June 2, walked around in mall while car was worked on after WW meeting and Home Town Buffet luncheon.

But last night the weekly walking trio was completed in 46 minutes (2.2) miles.

I injured my foot today on a small pot hole. I have swelling and it is sore. I just hope it heals in time for me to walk next Wed night!

Now AKUS and TAMMY that is a FIRST for me! To say "I can't wait to walk again!"

Thank you so much for your continual motivation with your two threads of exercise and moving it.

JeanCat

Awww JeanCat, hope it heals also. Get some ice on that thing!!

In the mean time, check this out.

http://exercise.about.com/cs/exerciseworkouts/l/blofficeworkout.htm

if that dont work try http://exercise.about.com

Office Workout - Exercises you can do at work:

Took yesterday off, gave my body a rest. I really didnt want to but i felt it was needed.

Today is the kids last day of school, my day off work. Going shopping and will earn my AP, later. Either in a form of aerobics or walking or perhaps both!

Considering( Note to self** Considering) starting the couch to 5 k program, i done it once few years ago,never finished it, got to week 5, i think.

Maybe set a mini goal of when i reach 190, to start. Sure, Akus start it on a day when its 96 outside and 99% humidity!

Sorry talking to myself

Tired, after working this morning,but went to my weigh in, did some shopping, came home and cleaned up a little ,then cooked( i know i did it backwards) Around 9 pm est , i did 30 mins of weight training. Now its time to relax and go to bed.

Dear Akus,
I just now saw your reply. Sorry about not seeing it sooner.

Thank you! Yes I put ice and although I am not supposed to have Motrin (sensitie GI tract) I did take Rx strength and I took 3 of them on Sat and one on Sunday. Thank God I did. My foot was unable to get back in the shoe. Now I have the shoe on but it hurts.

I have not had a chance to check out the exercise links. But I am sure that they are GREAT and I wish to THANK YOU personally for finding them for me (not to mentionyour time).

the office thing sounds interesting, I will let you know once I get to open them up.

Still have not decided if I am going to give it a try or not. I will know more tomorrow!

Thanks!
Luv ya,

JeanCat

JeanCat please take care of that foot,walking can wait. IF you walk on it before it is healed, it may cause more problems.

Walked the neighborhood tonight with my DD, did around 45 mins, at a semi-brisk pace.

Re: Re: What exercise(s) did You do today?

You are very sweet Akus!
Unfortunately I did not read this before I walked or perhaps I would not have.
As it is we did walk with the idea that if I had a problem we would turn right around. But even thought the side of the foot hurt the bottom and arch are fine. I did not have a foot problem. It is about 2 hours since our walk ended. And I have not had any pain from walking, knock on wood. I still have the original pain. It is on the very side. I tripped on a very small pot hole and walked on the side of the foot for about three steps. It's a wonder I did not break any tiny bones or chip it. It is very bruised and if it is possible the bone feels 'bruised'.

I am blessed not to have had a break or actually fall. By walking on the foot's side I broke the impending fall.

Last week was a week from hell!

Thanks for your concern and advice. I will see how it goes. If no extra pain I will walk tomorrow. But if I wake up with any pain more than what I had during my day yesterday, I will not walk.

JeanCat

I haven't done any today but yesterday I walked 3 miles. Whew!!! I went from 1 mile on the treadmill to 3 outside and I realized that it is harder for me to walk outdoors without the propelling motion of the treadmill.

Way to go JeanCat.

Hello Melinda-Michigan, mine is the opposite, when i walk on my treadmill, i sweat something fierce,pehaps because its an "incline treadmill" and when i use the Leslie Sansorn walking tapes i sweat more than when i walk outside. I do walk fast outside, 4-5 miles average for an hour.

But, hey aint a thing wrong with sweat

Going to get some walking in and then a good cardio/workout, Been a few days since i sweated to my Prevention DVD.

I have a confession...I am really trying every little thing to make myself do extra than what i normally do. This morning when I took the garbage out to the road, i walked all the way around the house instead of going the shortest way, when parking at work, i parked at the end of the parking lot and walked instead of trying to get #1 parking space as we call it. I played outside more with the kids, I used my 1year old daughter as "weight" and was lifting her up and down...which she LOVED and I was enjoying the laughter. Didn't get to go out for a walk today, I am kinda scared to walk where i live (out in the country) because snakes are really bad right now and safety first.

maybe tomorrow i will do more.

Melissa in NC

Melissa you made every movement count and that is what counts, great job.

Thanks Akus!

I felt really good seeing it in writing what I did yesterday, so I plan on doing the same today....but here is the kicker...I finally used the taebo dvds i bought 2 years ago this morning and really worked up a sweat, I only lasted 20 mins exercising, but Rome wasn't built in a day right!

So to everyone else out there just starting....WE ALL CAN DO IT!

Melissa in NC

I went for a 30 minute walk around the neighborhood. Later on, I plan on going swimming with my son. This post really makes you get up and move!

Movement can be fun, it does not have to be a chore. Nice posts Melissa and Jill.

When i first started this thread in April, i had been exercising about a month. I did DVD's areobics, weight training every other day,treadmill or walking outside. I hated the treadmill, i barely could do 5 minutes. But that was all i would do,it was a start and i never quit. Each day i got stronger and the scale got lighter.

This is like my accountabilty "dairy", if i write it i do it. It also keeps track of the things i do for AP's( activity points)If it motivates others, then its a bonus.

There are days i am not gun-ho about execising, but i figure its only between 30 mins to an hour, i do that much sitting online or watching tv.

This is the first time i took my measurements before i started. I rejoined WW on March 13 and started exercising March 18.

30.2 poiunds lost
14.1/2 inches lost

When i see the results, it makes it easy to sweat and burn off those calories.

**Move-move-move**

Did some cardio before heading off to work, great feeling knowing i did it.

Time for toning and weights,before working my 8 hour shift on this wonderful sunny,perfect blue sky day. So tempted to call off( but i wont)

But what i am going to do is move it,move it.move it.

I was up early this morning and done a few stretches and then when my daughter woke up, i got her dressed and we went for a walk. I ended up walking about 2.5 miles and was really proud of myself. So I guess i could say i exercised today.

Melissa in NC

Melissa in NC...what kind of snakes do you have that are out now?? I can honestly say that I would NEVER EVER walk outside if "the snakes were bad !!!" Have you ever tried Leslie Sansone's walking videos? They are so nice to do whenever you want to, rain or shine , night or day and NO SNAKES ever!!

You are a sport to even think about walking where there could be lots of snakes.

Karen

Beautiful day,sunny skies,low humidity............day off work.

Grass needs mowed, later i will get a walk in(3-4 mile),plus some cardio using my Prevention DVD.

Went to a resale shop the other day for some clothes..........OH I can fit in an extra large shirt. and went down a size in pants.

When i accept my reward, i will give thanks to Denise Austin,Leslie Sansorn and Chris Freytag.

I walked in the park today 45 mins with my dog.

1 2 3 4