Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Daily committment thread for 10-30-08

Good afternoon. I was out of the house early for work. So far so good for today. Ate lunch at Wendy's (small chili 4 points) side salad and a kiddie frosty (have to look up points on that). We are going to dinner tonight but think I'll have grilled fish and a baked potato. Might splurge on dessert since this is my birthday dinner. Sunday I'll be 60. I don't feel like what I thought 60 looks like.
I went back to WW yesterday for the first time in 4 weeks. I was going to reregister since that is cheaper. Registration was $25 a month ago now it is $40. Don't know what WW is thinking except ripping us off. With all the talk of making us a more healthy society they go and raise the prices so much that people will have a hard time justifying joining. Anyway I lost 1.2#. Not great but with my erratic eating schedules with my job and being on vacation for a week in there I was happy. Didn't make my goal of being below 200 by my birthday (I did see 199.6 on my home scale once a couple weeks ago) but I'll make it in a few weeks.

Hope all have a good day

Pat

Re: Daily committment thread for 10-30-08

WOW...late again! Was back to babysit Lilly again today...so much fun when they are itty bitty!

I went better prepared today. Was going to eat my b'fast going down the freeway, but so much traffic, I decided that was a little bit too dangerous! LOL! So, I ate after I got there. My coffee always holds me over for a while...just don't have an appetite for early morning food (if you can imagine that!!!) Then I had carried my lunch so I would know what points I had. I hate eating out of someone else's fridge and not having my own stuff!! I had a two-point Fiber One bar for lunch yesterday!! That's why I was hungry for dinner!!

Uki, you amaze me at all you do! It is so rewarding to be a part of the holiday outreach with food, etc. Our Sunday School class has one at Thanksgiving and Christmas. We collect Coins for Christmas once each month of the year, do the shopping, then when we have our Christmas fellowship, we wrap the presents for the children, etc. in time for the holiday. So much fun!

Carrie, your son's birthday party sounds like a lot of fun. One of my grandsons (who is only 5 1/2)loves Indiana Jones. In fact, the talking IJ was one of the things we got him for his birthday in May.

Laura, I rarely get to eat out, but the last place my husband and I went to by ourselves was Texas Roadhouse. I've always had a thing for it!!! I always just plan for that day and save most of my points for the evening that don't have to be used on milk, etc. and have a nice steak or grilled piece of meat, baked sweet potato, and, of course, a salad. Go with your mind made up for what you want to eat and stick with it. Most restuarants have a menu on line that you can go to and a lot of times they have the nutritional value or you can look up points by what you plan to eat. If you have an "extra" something, just allow yourself to do it and stay OP good for the rest of the week.

Pat, you and I are somewhat alike! I have had a goal in mind before my 60th birthday this coming January to be back at goal! I started back to WW two days before my birthday this year...and the tortoise is still hanging in here! My weight has been coming off very slowly, but I am determined! I don't forsee that I will be able to get 20 more pounds off by January 15, but MIRACLES DO HAPPEN! I love the holidays, though, and I will allow myself those x-tra points on certain days! I WILL REACH GOAL WHEN I GET THERE. Had I not set a goal for myself, I don't think I would have had the determination that I've had this go-around! Hang in there, you, too, can do it and we will be fit in our 60's together!!

Didn't mean to write a novel....Hope you had as good of a day as I did. OP all the way...

Diane