Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Daily commitment for 12/6

Hello everyone...it's mid-day and I am still OP...but I did get into some shopping mischief....I think some of the same issues with food can also be reflected into over-shopping, lol. Diane I want to thank you so very much for reaching out to those of us who are struggling right now....family issues are always tough, but especially at this time of year, they are even more intense to deal with. Thanks so very much for your support and understanding. Carrie, hang in there. I am sorry to hear of your parent's split - these kinds of issues affect more than just the two people involved. It is so very vital for us to take good care of our own selves at times like this....it's only natural for us to seek comfort in old destructive ways, but like everyone says, that only makes things worse and even harder to deal with. I am going through that right now too, dealing with a dad's recent death and settling my mom in a memory care place and still working fulltime and trying to be there for my daughter who is divorcing and has an 18 mo. old. I said no to any other committments this weekend besides getting back to gym and staying OP, and am hoping that the peace and quiet and solitude, with my dh gone on business, will help me get back on my feet after an intense time of struggle. Best of luck Carrie, and maybe when you get back from the visit to your mom, you can try to get some quiet 'me time'....Take care everyone...it's so wonderful to have all this nonjudgemental support and encouragement. love, Maaj