Caernarfon Ddoe/Caernarfon's Yesterdays

Croeso i Fforwm Caernarfon Ddoe. Os oes gennych unrhyw gwestiwn am hanes y Dref postiwch yma a fe fyddwn yn hapus i geisio eich ateb. Os da chi yn teimlo fedrwch helpu gyda unrhyw gwestiwn fydd eich cyfraniad yn groesawus dros ben. Atebir y cwestiynnau yn y Saesneg neu yn y Gymraeg ac yn yr iaith y gofynnir y cwestiwn.

Os oes gennych unrhyw gwestiwn hanes teuluol, postiwch nhw yn yr adran penodol a fe fydd Keith yn hapus i geisio eich ateb.

Welcome to the Caernarfon's Yesterdays Forum. If you have a question about any aspect of the town's history please post it here and we will be happy to try and assist. If you feel you can help with any question then please feel free to contribute. Questions will be answered in English or in Welsh and in the language in which the question is asked.

If you have any brief family history questions, please post them in the dedicated area and Keith will try and answer them for you.

Segontium Searchers

If you wish to employ our research service then email enquiries@segontium.com for an informal discussion about your needs.

Hanes Tref Caernarfon/Caernarfon Town History
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: "Who Was John Llwyd"

Hi Nerys,

Thank you for your email re the above and I understand that Keith, who is responsible for Family History queries, has answered you direct and has clarified the position.

Incidentally, it is believed that the reason for John Lloyd leaving Ebenezer Chapel and becoming a member of the Church of England was that as one who was declared bankrupt in 1833 the strict rules of the Wesleyan Denomination forced him to relinquish his position as Trustee. Again due to the fact that the Church of England commissioned him to do so much work in the area it is not surprising that he chose to become a member.

Regards,

Meirion