Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4
Author
Comment
What exercise(s) did You do today?

***Bending the elbow without a weight in does not count*** :)

At the hunrgry-girl site i ran across a item called,'Smart girls do Dumb bells', so i started doing that. Biceps, lunges and deltoids( shoulders)

Yesterday i walked for an hour

I try and walk but if i cant, i do the treadmill(which i detest, so i "walk" during commercials, did you know AMerican Idol has 15 mins worth of commericials? LOL) plus some sort of aerobic work out and every other day do some strength training. I have 4 Denise Austin DVD's that i use so i mix it up along with 3 & 5 lbs weights.

Come on people Memorial day is not far off for the start of the summer season!

Move-move-move

Re: What exercise(s) did You do today?

I have errands to run today, but I'm going to walk on my treadmill after Rick leaves for work tonight. Hopefully I'll make it a mile before my knee starts killing me.

I got on the stationary bike for 1/2 hour this morning, and spent a little time with the weights and my giant ball.

That recumbant bike has been the best purchase I have ever made. It may not be the best exercise I can do, but I'm willing to do it everyday. That's more than I can say for anything else I've tried. There is also no excuse since I don't have to go outside or get gussied up to go the gym.

I'm going for my daily walk. It took me a while to get back into the swing of this, but it's really worth it once I see the results on the scale each week. I've been down about 2 pounds per week for 5 weeks now. While I'm walking and getting fresh air and sunlight I keep telling myself that I'm also revving up my metabolism, so that I will keep burning calories even after I get home.And the fresh air and sun make me so much less likely to reach for the chips in the evenings.

I see those AP building up and the scale moving down, nice job ladies!

Yesterday the kids shopped at a new mall that we had never been in. Was a small mall, as i only did 2,172 steps. So i came home, walked on the treadmill. My treadmill is not flat, any level i use is on an incline. I did 18:30 with one small 1 minute break while watching some TV. Usually i start moaning and groaning after 2 minutes,but tonight i was surprised that the first 2 minutes were easy. I really dont like my treadmill, but...........i really dont like my butt, either!!!!
I did my "smart girl do dumb bells," routine ( 1 set/10 reps-(for beginners)
3 times a day -3 days a week) this only takes 3-5 mins each time to do.

Then i ended the night smiling through clenched teeth as Denise Austin told me to "squuuuuuuuuueze". I try and do this DVD once a week. I figured it must be good if she is huffing and puffing as she talks.
It a 35 min work out that includes aerobic and weight training, the only difference with this DVD is the "step" that is used.

Since i did a complete workout yesterday( cardio and resistance/weights) i will concentrate on the weights today and probably use my resistance bands.

Good luck ladies,

Move move move........

I hate the treadmill too! So instead I've been walking daily. At first it was a little bit of a chore, but now I quite enjoy it! The neighborhood sure looks different from the walking perspective!

I wear my walkman when walking and get motivated by the music!

I'm up to 2.5 miles per day and find that I am now making sure that I work this in to my day somewhere!

Ok that groanin You may have heard was me. Denise Austin calls it "sculpting Your muscles". Those were not some of the words i used as i was on the floor. But i did it and i feel strong!

Normally Nancy i do walk my neighborhood also. I have the options to walk on flat grounds or walk up hill and then walk down.....i don't live in a town that starts with Mount, because its flat. Talk about Cardiac Hill. I also live very close to the high school track so i make use of that also.

Great job Nancy`! Bravo

I went to the gym this morning...it's a 30 minute circuit training similar to Curves. I am also going to walk on the treadmill on my supper break at work.

Hi again, Akus, you think of such good posts. I know that getting back on track with exercise is key to my efforts as I rebound from a series of relapses. I have about 20 more pounds to go in a 90+ pounds loss. I did warm-up cardio and a weight resistance training routine in the am., and then was feeling fidgety and went back to the gym in the late afternoon and took a salsa aeorobics class. Today I am resting, but tomorrow will be straight cardio and wts. and thurs. will be spin class. It feels so good to be back on track. Maajida

You da woman Maj..........a spin class,that is awesome. You are on track to those last 20 pounds.

I know we all don't like to exercise, but i think the key to being OP is to include some form of execise in the day. You can always break it up into 10 minute segments, it don't all have to be done at one time.

“Exercise: you don't have time not to”

Unless it is not raining/snowing when the kids come home from school, i will go walk.If it is raining/snowing i should do the treadmill. I may do it doing commercials watching American Idol. But i still plan on doing some aerobics. My body is a little sore from doing the "Smart girl Do Dumb Bells" routine, but that is something that is only done 3 times a week so i can rest in between.

Move-move-move

Yes!!! i did some of the things on the aerobic DVD,that i would never try before, and one was jumping jacks. I knew how to do them i just never wanted to do em....today i just got it done :)

Word of warning and note to self * next time wear a bra when attempting jumping jacks*

I think i will take the kids shopping and walk the mall.This mall is much bigger so i should get alot of steps in

After my gain yesterday I saw that not exercising for a week had a little impact on the scale, well so did the chocolate on Sunday.

This morning i didn't want to go but I went and worked out for a 1/2 hr at curves, that was the last place I wanted to be today...
I'm going again tomorrow, I have to get back into the routine, this is what got my weight down.. so I'm back to basics once again...
I also earned 3 AP points that I can eat if I choose to, but I don't think I'll be needing any extra today.

The green tea has me where I need to be with food, and energy....

I'm going out tonite, and leaving all temptation to nibble here at home with the dogs LOL..

THe smootjie I just had did the trick for sweetness for me.. for now!!!!

Good luck Aimee at the scale today and everyone else that has weigh in this week..

Strength training today....whew! I love love love strength training.

I never thought I would say that, but I dig the feeling afterwards when all my muscles are tight.

I did my cardio too. I really rather dislike cardio, but I get through it and feel better for it.

I walked after working for 9 hrs, i knew if i sat down when i came home i wouldnt walk, so off went the work shoes and on went the walking shoes. I did about 3 miles then the rains came.
Yesterday i walked at the mall(DD shopped) and i got in around 3,000 steps, but i came home and walked on my incline treadmill( i used all 3 positions) for 30 mins.

Tae Bo, Tae Bo, and Tae Bo!! Can you tell how much I love it?!?!?!

Since i do cardio one day, then weight/strength training the other. todsy was weight/strength.

Just finished my "Smart Girl do Dumb Bells'( biceps.lunges and deltoids,) routine then did upper/lower strength training( Denise Austin) for 20 minutes.

Hey Connie,

Did you have much trouble coming up with the coordination to get started on the Tae Bo? I've tried it a couple of times, but felt so humiliated standing in my own living room that I didn't continue lol.

Seemed like a lot of fun if I could just get my body to move that way.

I went and did a 30 min workout at curves, again didn't want to be there, but I went, forced myself, because it has worked now for the last 6 or 7 mo, the days I do go I earn 3 extra AP, but let me tell you with drinking green tea, I'm not that hungry....

somethings working....

37 degrees in April,rain off and on-15 mph winds. HA! i took my umbrella and gloves and walked for an hour!

Still going to do some weight training today

Yesterday i did the treadmill before i went to work then i finished the day with some cardio/ combo /resistance bands, work out.

I think i will get out the Old DVD Leslie Sansone and do a 4 mile power walk. Her last mile includes weights also.

move-move-move

I started off the week with session 1 today at Curves I plan on going again on Wed and Fri.

I earned 3 AP that I won't get to use, I'm having a lite dinner and then out the door tonite at 6:30

I have the scale tomorrow morning. eeeksssssssss!!!!

Denise Austin cardio-strength training and Smart Girls Do Dumb-bells.

I got one of those pedometer's thingee's and spent half the morning walking around my house tryin to set the thing.

But the sun is out, YAY, for the first time in dayssss. Planning on going for a walk after my weigh-in this evening

Moving makes curves

I did walk and nearly got blown away, so i only walked 2 miles.But it's Tuesday and that means American Idol is on and i have a date with the treadmill

My plan is to go workout for a 1/2 hr today, earning some AP sp I can eat more food if I need to...

Some days I find I'm more hungier than others, but when I exercise it does curb the appetite..

I did a 1/2 hr strenuous workout today and earned
3 AP which I'm going to eat ...

LOL...

Yesterday (April 18th) i walked for an hour.

Today, Thursday i sorta hiked up a **** mountain. Where i live we have a place called 1,000 steps. Its a mile hike(800 feet elevation) up these "steps", the steps are actually rocks. I took the kids with me and i huffed and puffed to 200 steps, then we walked a trail(rockless). The adventure took an hour and a half. This is the first time we ever walked this and i told the kids BEFORE we got there, "lets only do half", because they really didn't want to go.
It was a work-out

Very sore thighs from yesterday so today i did some on the treadmill and some weight training on the upper body.

Took it easy today.

Walked for an hour after work.

Hears an echo in this thread, am i the only one talking here??

Using weights, i did shoulders(deltoids) and arms(bicep curls) then some lunges.....

Finally, after 3 days of climbing those "steps" my thighs are not sore. They were extremely sore about 6 inches from my knee, but no place else. I figured out from climbing back down the rocks i had to do it sideways, some of the rocks were not very wide, so You could not place a full foot on the surface. And it was just a constant jarring when You landed.

I would not mind walking the mile trail again,but You have to climb 100 steps to get there. Oh well, sitting and thinking about it wont get me there any faster. I will keep ya posted.

None! Can't seem to get the excitemnt to do exercise!
JeanCat

I worked today....that is all the exercise this old body can take for the day.....maybe tomorrow>>>>

Patty

Did my treadmill and had it inclined on second level, worked up a sweat!!

Elliptical for 50 minutes and weight training for me.

Idid a quiet walk alone on the beach, its rough walking especially in the sand, its easier to walk where the tide is coming in..
but for me for real exercise I take the sand route..

No beach today I have WW this morning. then more stocking up on food for the next few days.
I seem to spend my life in the supermarket, that counts for exercise walking the isles...

One day last week I was there and I thought what a perfect way to walk, start at the front, walk in and out of each isle and do that a few times to cover the store end to end, but it has to be a big supermarket.

next rainy day I just might give that a shot... I guess I have to push a wagon even empty.. haha...

Four mile Leslie Sansone power walk plus some weight/resistance training.

* i just noticed when i started this thread i was doing 15 minutes on the treadmill, now i can do 15 on an incline slant treadmill, YAY ME!*

Akus, that is awesome! You go!!

Tobe, ahhhh, to be on the beach and going for a walk with the sand at your feet, the ocean air in your face, and the noise of the waves in your ear. Can you tell I wish I were there??? LOL

I absolutely love the beach. We lived in Jacksonville, NC for 5 years and enjoyed going to the beach and taking the boat out whenever we had the chance. I haven't been to a beach since we left there 3 years ago. bummer!

Enjoy that beach not only for yourself but for the rest of us that wish we were there too!

Tammy

I do some "interesting" workouts to prevent boredom...

My work du jour:
10 mins foam rolling
5 mins yoga and stretching
6 mins on the bike
40 mins resistance training (thighs and buns)
5 mins treadmill (walking on incline)
then I walked to work (about 30 mins) with my 20 lb backpack on my back!

Foam rolling is a new one on me, what is it?

It "sounds" very relaxing.

The foam roller was introduced to me by a personal trainer I was working with. I think they have them at most gyms these days. Basically it is a 3-foot long roll of styrofoam. It sorta looks like a pool noodle on steroids :) When you roll on it, it applies pressure to your muscles, loosens any knots, and stretches them out, like a deep tissue massage. It hurts like the dickens the first couple of times you do it, but I do it for a few minutes every day and it leaves me essentially injury and pain-free despite my vigorous daily workouts. Let me know if you try it!

I went to the gym today & did 15 min. on the elliptical & 15 min. on the treadmill.

I didn't have much energy to go today...but I went!! LOL.. something is better than nothing, right???

Today I did the 1-mile Walk Away the Pounds walk with Leslie Sansone. I preceded the 'walk' with about 10 minutes of deep stretching, as much like Callanetics as my joints would allow, lol. I spent around 10 minutes or so doing several exercises targeting my legs, back side and my arms.

Another day gone and one day closer to my goal.

cheers all

pattyjo

I work on the second floor of my building so I went up and down the steps as much as I could, practiced baseball w/ my kids after my son's practice and got active around the house. I still feel too heavy to get into a routine, but am trying to be more active and am feeling good about what I'm doing in that regard.

I took the day off yesterday, but back at it today, will so some cardio and my "smart girls do dumb bells'routine.

move it or lose it

I work at the YMCA and our trainer swears by walking at the weight burning stage for an hour straight! She says this will melt the pounds away. I have a hard time doing this because I am not working very hard in the stage and not sweating as much. Try it out if you would like and let me know how it works for you. She has clients that have just melted away the pounds this way.

Went to the gym after work & did 30 min. on the elliptical machine & 15 min. on the station. bike

ok i am always up for something new.......but what it is brandie?? The walking weight burning etc thingee?

I should have clarified.. sorry

When you are on most pieces of cardio equipment there will be two levels that you are going to go for. Either the fat burning stage or the cardio stage, they are both based on your heart rate.

If you look on the treadmill or whatever piece of equipment you are using, you can figure out your target zone and then keep your heart rate between the zone.

Hope this helps :)

Thanks Brandie

i walked,walked,walked today.

will finish off the night with 20 mins of weight resistance.

Looking good people, keep them feet moving!

Going to do some cardio, not sure if i am going to walk. Maybe i will pop Leslie Sansorn tape in and do at least 2-3 miles. I am soooooooooooo tired, was a busy-busy day at work. Came home made the "warm white bean salad" ( its from the phamplet they give at the meetings for week 7.
I have the home-alone since kids are staying with friends. Its blah and gray outside, i think i will take a nap then get up and move-move-move.

*remember its the last thing that people see when You leave a room*

1 2 3 4