Tony's Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Tony's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Buying Advice
Hi All We’re a small business looking to purchase our first fork lift. We know we need 2.5t gas. Seasonal business. Fork lift used from Oct -Jan Budget £5-6k We’ve narrowed our choice to either Hyster 2004 with 8,000 hours Or Lined 2000...
Views: 16   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 1, 2019 10:40pm
by Stepperz
self employed instructor
Hi can any one recommend any insurance companies that can provide me with public liability and professional indemnity insurance please as i need this before i can start work as an instructor.
Views: 21   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 16, 2019 6:30pm
by carl
s
Steve
Legalities of the Thorough Examination and Forklift Operators
Hi all. I have a few questions on the legalities of using forklift trucks, or any lifting equipment, without a current and in date Thorough Examination – specifically in relation to the actual forklift operators responsibilities. I have read plenty of art...
Views: 32   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 15, 2019 12:53am
by Steve
m
Mark
cpcs/cscs/citb card advice please
Hi i currently have a counter balance UK forklift license which was obtained during my last job in a builders merchant yard. since leaving that job ive found that many forklift roles require something called a blue CPcs card? and to get one of those. i will...
Views: 63   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 17, 2018 4:38pm
by Bhavesh Makwana
r
Raj
Using forklift on road
I have been using my current forklift a mitsubishi fg25k for about 2 years on the road. Travelling around 150 yards to unload trucks and bring back goods into my premises The road is registered with the DVLA and I paid £55 for this and pay £165 a year ro...
Views: 203   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 24, 2014 7:43pm
by Tony Sellick
Insurance for an Accredited RTITB instructor
I am in the process of applying for RTITB accreditation. For the day of the audit I will have to have professional indemnity and public liability insurance in place. Can anyone recommend what limits I should be looking at and can you recommend a suitable insurance co...
Views: 42   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 4, 2018 10:13pm
by John walker
e
Eric
Hyster forklift advice needed
I'm interested in purchasing a Hyster forklift truck (as in http://www.hyster.com/emea/en-gb/ ) but would really like to know of other people's experiences before buying. If you use a Hyster forklift please leave your reviews below, it's be really useful for me and m...
Views: 190   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 5, 2018 8:51am
by Benjamin Coleman
where can i get films??
Hi again good folks of Britain I'm trying to find the film FORKLIFT STABILITY ESSENTIALS 1&2 I have a copy of it but the sound is too low and I have a course running on Monday so if anyone knows where forklift movies can be downloaded please please help Thanks Billy
Views: 235   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 25, 2013 7:05pm
by billy caldwell
Forklift Accidents
What are the major causes of Forklift Accidents?
Views: 149   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 26, 2014 6:11am
by Wyatt Daniel
s
sallys
forklift compamies
Hi, I am doing a study on forklift accidents and would like to know how to get a list of the top/major companies that use forklifts. Can any one help?
Views: 291   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 21, 2014 3:20am
by melizaarora
raised pallet
i have just been suspended from work for having a raised empty pallet with a plastic sheet on it to shelter us smokers from the constant rain is there a law against this and was anyone at risk the truck was tuned of and parked.
Views: 731   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 18, 2014 9:11am
by melizaarora
Fork truck licence ( refresher)
Hi I'm looking for some advice I started a new job 3 month ago as a counter balance driver, my certificate expired 4 weeks ago, I told my manager that it had ran out and that I didn't realise, he said it's ok everyone's in here Had expired ages ago and that it's part...
Views: 254   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 14, 2014 4:22pm
by Alan Hughes
j
James
Stretch wrapped pallets
I forklifted a pallet of wines, inadvertently jerked the pallet in the air which caused the load to tip and collapse. My question (which may well be a stupid one) is how much stretch wrap should be applied to a load like that or other liquids and if a low gauge stret...
Views: 117   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 6, 2014 8:15pm
by James
Is it any other variety available in Forklift Extensions
I want to see the different variety of products in forklift extensions.
Views: 178   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 22, 2013 3:21pm
by david
help with costings
I have a recently qualified trainers question....I'm getting quite a bit of work of accredited companies which is good BUT I would like to approach companies and do non-accredited training but I don't know what I should be charging. I know I could ring local trainin...
Views: 179   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 19, 2013 7:28pm
by billy caldwell
n
Nikki
CCNSG Saftey Passport
MANCHESTER TDB TRAINING : CCNSG National 2 Day......23rd &24th September, 7th & 8th October, 21st & 22nd October, 4th & 5th November, 2nd & 3rd December, 16th & 17th December Book now to avoid disappointment............ - if there is a course not listed that you requ...
Views: 113   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 19, 2013 12:11pm
by Nikki
forlift expiration time
Could you tell me if a forklift license expiry date runs out at the end of that expiry day.
Views: 178   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 12, 2013 12:23am
by billy caldwell
k
Kev
Forklift truck and grandfathers rights
Can anyone help. I passed a Counterbalance Forklift truck course back in 1989. Is it still valid as it has no expiry date and do Grandfathers rights apply? Cheers
Views: 301   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 17, 2012 6:49pm
by Tony Sellick
fork lift training centres
How many training centres are there in birmingham or have they all closed down ?
Views: 231   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 11, 2012 9:38pm
by simon taylor
s
Steve
Carpet Pole
Hi , Can anyone tell me the formula for defining the capacity of a Carpet pole at a given Load Centre and pole diameter? Thanks in advance.
Views: 135   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 26, 2012 2:19pm
by Steve
Certificates of basic training
Hi, I am an instructor just starting out and was wondering if there was anywhere i could get a template for my certificates? Cheers, John
Views: 611   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 3, 2012 3:03pm
by ability
can i drive
If I hold a counterbalance and telescopic licence can i drive a rough terrain truck within the law
Views: 528   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 6, 2010 6:41am
by Samual
Pre shift checks
Dave. Sorry no one has answered you. I was out of the country until recently. I will try and put a list of checks in PDF format on the site. It might be a while because I have other web sites to sort out first. The usual ones are mast, forks, tyres, wheelnuts, brakes...
Views: 640   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 5, 2010 6:54am
by Samual
g
george
yale type L9, needs a waterpump
can anyboby give me info on replacing the waterpump. It looks like i have to take the counter weight off. Thanks, george
Views: 435   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 29, 2008 10:47pm
by george
m
mark
tests
Hi I obtained my fork lift operators licence 3 years ago, however I was told by a work colleague that I have to be retested every 3 years. Please could you tell me if this is a LEGAL requirement. Thanks Mark.
Views: 692   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 26, 2008 2:50pm
by Tony Sellick
Daily vehicle checks
What are the basic daily checks required of a fork lift truck driver prior to using a truck?
Views: 570   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 5, 2007 3:53pm
by Dave Anderson
Free Forum powered by Bravenet